I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of a recent change at IULTCS. The International Union of Liaison and Communication Commission (IUL) Chairman, Dr Christine Anscombe, after many years of dedicated service to the Society, has decided to take a step back from the role. The IULTCS committee has appointed me, Julian Osgood, as the new IUL Chairman. I will endeavour to continue the excellent work Christine has done for the society. I have had the pleasure to meet many of you in the past, but for the benefit of those who do not know me, the following is a brief résumé:
Julian Osgood. BSc, FSLTC
I studied Leather Technology at the British School of Leather Technology in Northampton in the 1980s and have worked in the industry, all over the world, ever since. Currently I am working as a consultant for ATC Tannery Chemicals, France, but I actually live in Portugal. I have presented papers at many leather industry congresses and conferences over the years and written articles for some of our industry’s magazines.
I am proud to now have the opportunity to work with the IULTCS and I will do my best to help the society to improve its ability to serve the industry.
My responsibilities as IUL Chairman are defined as follows:
- Establishing and maintaining a network of global contacts within the leather industry that have a legitimate interest in and an authoritative platform to express opinions on issues affecting the industry.
- Establishing and maintaining external media contacts for events or issues that may require an industry response.
- Pro-actively establishing and maintaining agreed “positions” on possible issues that may arise within or relating to the leather industry.
- Providing liaison services with the international leather media on activities and events that occur within the IULTCS.
- Improving the utilization of the IULTCS website, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts.
To help me maintain an UpToDate database of contacts, I would ask you all to let me know if you wish to be removed from this contact list?
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help with your involvement with the IULTCS?